Monday, November 09, 2009

Birthday and Cleaning the Garage

I've had a crazy but awesome week. Paul's birthday was last Wednesday, so I made him baked stuffed tomatoes and cherry crumble pie. Friday, some friends came into town. We had Polynesian chicken with rice and stir fry veggies followed by homemade, 3 layer German's chocolate cake (my great-grandmother's recipe). Mmmm--but full of calories.

Saturday, we went to a wedding reception. I got to meet some of Paul's friends and chat with some of my friends. Sunday, we were going to go to an airshow, but it was raining. Instead, we played a 3 hour game of Settlers of Catan. I won. :-D That's one game I do okay at. I'm not too bad at Spades either, even though I am still learning (that's a joke).

Last Thursday, I cleaned out our garage. Well, only one half of it. I went through the boxes my sister and I hadn't gone through since we moved. I found some interesting things. Por examplo:

A Burger King bag from when The Lion King had just come out. Their faces look kind of like mine did when I found that bag. . . .
Cups from the theme park 11 years ago . . .

Yes, it was about time I went through the garage. If I'm brave, I'll go through the stuff Paul and I have stored there in another week or so. But before then, I have some craft projects to work on.

Oh, and how could I forget? Another interesting thing I found in the garage was a half decayed, dead rat. He smelled awful, and I was not pleased that I had to deal with him. I hope I don't find any more out there . . . At least I was prepared with my handy-dandy ufilly belt! (if anybody knows that that's from, points to you! And Karen, you'd better know . . .)

Hope everybody has a good week!

No comments: