Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ketschup Time

So, I guess it's been awhile again. I had a really good Easter. How about you all? On Thursday evening, Paul and I drove home (my home), stopping at Whataburger on the way, at which place I forgot to order my burger with mayonaise no mustard, but it was still very good (and not Saga, I might add). I can't remember what we did when we got home . . . I think we watched a Fraiser or two.

The next day was relaxing and fun. We . . . oh yeah, we played Apples to Apples and ate fajitas. And . . . I think we watched Elizebeth Town, but I'm not sure. My days are getting mixed. Oh yeah, I went and did some errend stuff with my mom. Saturday, Paul and I went out for lunch and then we hung out in some stores. We went to Border's and looked around there. It was fun. At some point in the weekend, we went swimming . . . Sunday, I got really stressed. My mom ordered my books for the summer, and Dad helped me apply for a summer loan. After I ate some lunch and watched "Unpleasantness at Bludleigh Court," I felt much better.

Paul and I had a nice trip back. We took the frontage road to avoid traffic, which was a little adventure. Especially at the beginning when we wound up in a neighborhood. Then we stopped at a little off-the-road local Dairy Queen where they gave us a free blizzard with the leftover ice cream when they shut the machine down. And then--da da da da da!!--we got pulled over! Don't worry, I wasn't speeding. One of the lights was out in the back. It was the first time I've been pulled over, so it was a little scarey. But the officer was very nice.

So, I have a very busy summer ahead of me. I have two and a half weeks left of class, during which I have to write three papers (one in Spanish--oy), stay with a Spanish-speaking family, read a book that hasn't come in yet and write a paper on it, type notes, find a four-week summer job, figure out what I'm going to do with my stuff while I'm in Mexico, and pack for Mexico. Then, after graduation, I leave for two and a half weeks in Mexico. The day after I get back from Mexico, I start Fine Arts for four works. Hopefully, I'll also have a job then. Then I go home and have two and a half weeks before Karen's wedding. After the wedding, I have one blissful month during which I plan to write a resume, work on my story (which has been on the shelf since last summer), and get together a writing sample and application for graduate school. I also plan to do some relaxing and swimming. After that blissful month, I'm flying to visit Shawna for five days! YAY!! Paul is going to fly up for the last day, and then he and I are flying to meet his family. We'll spend a week with them, and then fly back to my house for a few days (well, we'll fly to the airport and drive to my house, but it's basically the same). After those short few days, we're driving back to school to start a crazy second-to-last semester of school. AHHHHHH!!!! At least I get apartments (real food, a walk-in closet, and moveable furniture).

Well, I don't update often, but when I do, I really do. ;-) Hope you had fun! Until later!


No comments: