Monday, March 03, 2008

:::singing::: Annie and Grad School

So, this past week has been fairly crazy. I spent my evenings and much of my days feverishly getting stuff together for grad school applications. I found this neat looking school that offers an MFA in Writing for Children and Young People. I thought that I had missed the deadline (Feb 1), so I wasn't going to apply. I just happened to visit their website around Feb 20 and saw that they had extended the deadline to March 1, which didn't give me much time. I had to get references sent, ask for transcipts, fill out an application. And then, I had to read a YA book so that I could write a 3-4 page critical essay on it. I picked Westmark by Lloyd Alexander. I hadn't written a paper in several months, so it took me a little to get back into the mode. But you know what? I actually kind of enjoyed having to stay up until two am to get it done. I didn't think I missed school that much. I also had to write a 2-3 page personal essay addressing a ton of stuff. And then, I didn't really have time to edit my 25 pages, which I'm sure stink, but maybe they'll accept me anyway.

I had to get all that application stuff pretty much done by Thursday because Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I spent with my family remodeling--or updating--the bathroom and Harry's room. So far, we've pulled up the carpet and linolium in both rooms, we've painted Harry's room (two coats), and Dad and Paul fixed the ceiling in Harry's room and the subfloor in the bathroom (the toilet was seriously gonna fall through if we didn't do something).

I enjoyed this past week. I probably enjoyed it because I didn't spend it getting rejected by would-be employers. So far, I've been rejected by Amegy Bank, Citi Bank, Planto Roe Financial, Chase Bank, and a couple others that I can't remember. I'm gonna have to start applying to places like Old Navy and Bath and Body Works. Hey, maybe I could work at Bed, Bath, and Beyond . . . ^o_o^ Oh well. God has something in store for me. At least I'm not working at you-know-where anymore.

I guess that's all for now. If you think about it, please pray that I'll know what to do about grad school. Thanks! Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: