Oh my goodness!! My computer is going so slow! I have been sitting here for 20 minutes just trying to get the pages to load! My poor compy . . . I've tried to remove files to clean up the system; I've deleted my web browser history and temporary internet files; I've defragmented. Maybe I have too much music . . . If I had a million dollars--
Background Vocals: If I had a million dollars . . .
Me: Cut it guys. That wasn't a cue. Seriously, if I had a million dollars, I'd buy a seperate hard drive just for my music. :::mind is flooded with all of the possible uses for a million dollars::: On second thought, I might not. First, I'd pay off my loans. And Paul's loans. And the car. I'd set aside some for a new car. And for a house. Let's see, how much have I got left? :::breaks out the calculadora::: How many zeros are there in a million? 100; 1,000; 10,000; 100,000; 1,000,000. That's a million, right? Ha ha, I think I put one hundred million in the calculator. But that would be cool, too. Oh, I'd set aside money for a mini-van (weird, huh? Someday I'm gonna be a mom!). I think after that, I'd pay off my parents house. Then I could probably pay off my siblings loans. :::checks how much money is left::: Yeah, okay, I think I'd buy a hard drive just for my music.
Whew! Now that we've got that figured out! I wrote a post last week, and it disappeared! And I didn't have time to post it to xanga and blogger, so I just posted it to xanga. And it didn't post. I don't even remember what I said except for something about watching the movie Rigoletto. I'm writing this post in notepad, so I'm doing the html myself, and I'm having fun with tags. Hense the excessive use of emphasis. :::happy sigh::: I haven't hardcoded in so long.
Background vocals: So long! Farewell! A veider sane goodbye!
Me: Cut it out, guys! If you can't speak (or spell) the language, just don't even try to sing it.
Background vocals: :::hanging heads and unconsolable::: Goodbye!!!!
Annnnyhoozers. So, I can't believe that it's the middle of November already! Yesterday, I went to Olive Garden to hang out with Christy, Kendall, and Alisha 'cause Alisha was in town! :::waves arms like a puppet::: Yay!!!! I hadn't seen Alisha since the wedding. The sad thing is, I hadn't seen Christy or Kendall in almost as long. :-( After Olive Garden, we went to IHOP to celebrate Shawna's birthday!! Happy birthday! Shawna, her mom, her dad, Zoot, Kurt, and Paul all came, too. We had a lot of fun. I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time. I needed it, too.
Work is okay. I enjoy the job fine, but I dislike the environment. The business expects us to sell about $1000 a day and unload the stock and do visual merchandising and do markdowns. In hosiery, socks, slippers, cold weather (gloves, hats, scarves), accessories, hand-bags, and jewelry and watches. And they have about nine of us there at a time sometimes. There were :::mentally calculates::: eight of us for most of today--no wait! I forgot two. There were ten of us there for part of today, nine of us for most of the day, and for part of this evening, there were eleven of us. Now how are eleven people supposed to all sell $1000 a day when there aren't that many customers? So I'm probably going to get a pay-cut in a couple of weeks which is thoroughly undeserved because I work exceedingly hard. Unlike some of my co-workers. :-\
On the uphand, Paul has job interview in about two weeks. Yay!!!! And hopefully, he'll have more, too. He's been working really hard on an insane project for the past several days. He only got two hours of sleep last night (he's taking a much needed and deserved nap right now). So, prayer requests (and a chance to use more of those fun html tags!)
- Paul has a lot of work to do to finish up the semester, and he's getting overwhelmed. Please pray that he's able to get everything done and finish out strong.
- Please be praying that God will provide a job for us. Or at least let us in on His plan, but a job would be good. :-)
- Pray that we're able to go see my family for Christmas. I haven't seen Karen since the wedding, and I miss her like crazy. However, my job doesn't give us any extra days off for Christmas.
- Please pray that I can handle my job for just a little longer. The physical work is getting to me some (I've had back problems in the past that all the lifting aggrevates, and on Saturday, my heart was aching all day from all of the lifting and climbing and things). Also, some of my co-workers drive me nuts. And two of my co-workers had a screaming fight in the stock room on Saturday. They're still friends and they're fine, but it's stressful when they do that. Especially since all the customers can hear them, and I'm standing there trying to figure out what to do about it.
Okay. Well, this post is probably long enough. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope that I do, too. This is my first Thanksgiving away from home. But it's also my first Thanksgiving with Paul, and that's something to be really grateful for. Oh! One more prayer request!
- Pray that I get the apartment clean for Thanksgiving! We're having a couple over, and the apartment is a wreck!
Okay, catch ya'll later!
Background Vocals: GoodBYE!!!!
P.S. Doing html in blogger doesn't work so well . . .
P.P.S. It's taken me almost an hour to post this thing, not including the 20 minutes that it took me to write it. Slow computer . . .