Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Happy contented sigh. Yesterday was such an awesome day. Well, it really started Sunday evening when we had supper at our dorm parents. We got dressed really pretty and went and were served a three course meal three adorable little girls. It was so nice to get all dressed up and look pretty when there were no guys around; we just wanted to look nice for each other. Supper was exquisite. Monday started off just like any other day (except I'm at a really exciting part in the book I'm reading during breakfast). Classes were fine and nothing too special. On the way to chapel, I thought, "You know, I don't know that our brother floor will do anything for us for Valentine's Day, but I really don't care because they are still the awesomest brother floor on campus." Lo and behold at lunch, Jonathan D. asked Amanda and me if we'd been in our lounge yet. Needless to say, Amanda and I hurried to check our mail after lunch so we could run up to the lounge. The brothers had decorated it with red, pink, and white crepe paper and balloons. It was the best decorated floor of them all. But the best part was sitting on the couch with a sister Valentine's card and a big bowl of chocolate--it was a humongous, really soft teddy bear that we all love. That was exciting. The weather the entire day was really wonderful. It was so beautiful outside. :::sigh::: I had an IMPACT interview that went okay, and then I hung out in the lounge until supper. At supper, not only was the walk down so nice due to the weather, but they had a banana split bar, which was exciting. After supper, computer science made the happy feeling go away for a little, but I listened to my love songs playlist and made Carolyn's birthday card, finally ending the day by playing Love Changes Everything on the keyboard in the lounge. Yesterday was a perfect day, as days go.
I think the most exciting thing about yesterday is that, I didn't care a single bit that I didn't have a boyfriend. I was excited that I have such great sisters (my floor) and brothers (the brother floor). I just wanted to show them how much I love them; I didn't care about the romance kind of love. I mean, I did care in the sense that yesterday was real anticipatory. I started to get excited about the guy I'll someday marry (because I truly believe God has marriage in mind for me). I was excited that someday I'll find him and it could be in the next few years. And I was really excited that I'm waiting for him. The first time we hold hands, that first kiss, will be so special because I will have waited for it my entire life.
Okay I know, sappy entry from the crazy girl, but I don’t really care. It was such a good day. I hope everybody else enjoyed yesterday as much as I did.
Sammie G.

P.S. The only downside is that they fixed the bell tower yesterday so it's chiming again. My cruel and ruthless taskmaster is back to tell me every fifteen minutes, "You didn't get done what you should have!"SG

2 comments:

Lina said...

Glad you had a good valentines day! I spent some time reading love poems outside yesterday-among them Keats! I hope you find that special someone! I am waiting for mine too!

Anonymous said...

Awww! That was sweet of them. My guys took me and two other girls out to Ihop and sang to us at like three o'clock in the morning. I was going be Aunt Agony and say something about first kisses, seeing as I've already given mine away...but I shan't ruin your happy thoughts. You be happy, sis! Sweet people like you deserve all the happiness they can get! I love-th you, Annie-quinn!

~Katra