Sunday, July 17, 2005

Friends

So it turns out that my foot was actually hurt a lot worse than I thought. I had been walking around on it like normal just wearing a brace when it started to hurt after a week. I looked down and noticed that my entire foot was somewhat green. Yeah, a pretty bad bruise. So I've been keeping off it for the most part. Which sort of stinks because I just figured out two new songs on the piano and I have to keep playing them in order to remember them, but I can't use the pedal with right foot.

I got to see a lot of friends this past week. First of all, I got to hang out with Sarah (who I don't see very much because of school even though we live in the same city). That was loads of fun 'cause I hadn't seen her since I first got back from school. We hung out at Barnes and Noble for awhile and then she came and watched Hide and Seek which wasn't too R-ey even though it was rated R (I mean it was violent, but there wasn't a whole lot of cussing or other objectionable material) and was pretty good as far as suspense horror goes. But it was really fun to watch it with Sarah (I'd already seen it). Then on Thursday, my sister, her fiancee, and I went to the Quarry and hung out with my two cousins Tiff and Liz (who actually live in my city now, but also whom I hadn't seen in forever) and one of my really old friends, Amanda. I mean, she's not that old, just a couple years older than me, but we've been friends for a long time. I hadn't seen her in forever either, so that was a lot of fun. I hadn't realized how much I missed their kind of silly and crazy. It was very refreshing. Then on Friday, Holly from the Valley called because she and her mom had to take an emergency trip to our city and asked if they could stay at our house. They got here after supper, and so Holly got to come with us on our traditional something-came-out-at-midnight trip to Wal-Mart and Krispy Kreme to get the newest Harry Potter book. Then Holly and I talked for a really long time, and it was a really good talk, too. I told her some stuff that I hope will help when she goes to college, and she gave me some really good advice. Oh, and I did get to see my other friend from here, Shayla the week before last. That was fun. We went to the mall and did girly my-sister’s-getting-married stuff. My friend Audrey will hopefully be visiting in August, so that would be awesome. Lina won’t get to visit this summer, so that’s not fun, but at least I’ll get to see her in the fall.

So, I guess this has been a pretty nice summer. And I’m almost done with the Archives of Anthropos. I’m about a third of the way done with Quest for the King. And then on to the last book, which I haven’t read before. After that, I’ve got some good Vesper Holly books to read (love those exploding sausages!). Also, I’m getting along nicely with the book I’m writing. Having to stay off one’s feet does have an upside. :-) Anyway, off for now!

No comments: