Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Voice of Aslan and other tidbits

A few bits of news. Not really. For one thing, I've heard it rumored that Liam Neeson will be the voice of Aslan in the new The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe movie. It hasn't been confirmed yet, so who knows. I suppose it's as good a choice as any if it's true. I still think James Earl Jones would have been a good choice if he wasn't already Mufasa. ;-) Check out this link if you want to read the rumor: The Voice of Aslan at last?
In other news, my foot still hurts. It seems to have gotten worse as time went on. That stinks. To high heaven.
In other, other news, I finally just skipped two months of my story so I could get to the interesting stuff again. I wrote something along the lines of: "And then there were a bunch of battles, it was the same old, same old, again, and two months passed." I figure, if I'm tired of battles, the reader must be almost as tired of them. So I decided to make it as brief as possible. I really like the character I just introduced. He's different than the other characters. He almost seems to have more--er, more--what's the word? Nobility? Moral character? Charm? He he. He's cool. But I had to kill someone off again. I hadn't killed anyone for, it must have been more than 20 chapters. It's terribly sad though. :::sigh::: They die so young.
I suppose that's all. I'm looking forward going back to school and seeing friends. I'm not looking forward to homework, and I'm dreading Saga food. Dear me, dear me--just the thought of it makes me sick.
Oh, and comment on what you think about Liam Neeson for the voice of Aslan! Other people who supposedly auditioned for the part were Jason Isaacs, Timothy Dalton, Sean Bean, Gerard Butler, Ian McKellen, and Ralph Fiennes. The original Aslan was Brian Cox. All of these actors have been villains at one time or another: (don't read if you don't want spoilers; some villains aren't revealed til the end) Brian Cox--Bourne Identity (or Supremacy --can't remember which); Jason Isaacs--Harry Potter; Timothy Dalton--The Rocketeer; Sean Bean--James Bond, National Treasure, and Lord of the Rings doesn't count; Gerard Butler--The Phantom of the Opera; Ian McKellen--X-Men; Ralph Fiennes--Harry Potter; Liam Neeson--Batman Begins; and even James Earl Jones was Darth Vader. Anyway, that was longer than it needed to be. Until later!

No comments: