Monday, July 25, 2005

Commentary on The Archives of Anthropos and 34 pages

I finished The Dark Lord's Demise yesterday. It was pretty good. But it was one of those where everybody's a bad guy, so you can't trust anybody, so my mind says, "AHHHHH!" He he. I think I like the first four books the best. I've decided that my favorite is Gaal the Conqueror, which is odd for me since I almost always like the first in a series the best (although my sister pointed out that I did like The Two Towers best). I do still love The Tower of Geburah though. Once I got over the initial shock of, "Oh my, these were written for kids!" and got past the books I'd read a million times so practically knew by heart, I really enjoyed them. I used to not like The Sword Bearer, but I liked it this time. I like the whole idea of The Changer and the Mystery of Abomination. It's pretty cool. Plus, adults can go to Anthropos whilst you get too old for Narnia (which is entirely unfair). I only have two things I really disliked about The Archives of Anthropos: we never got to find out about Uncle John's other adventures, and the lack of consistence. The main characters stay approximately the same age through the whole series, but they go through about three decades. It's like The Hardy Boys. They (not the Hardy Boys) start out in seventies cloths and a few months later in the books mention a movie copywrite '93, even though mathmatically, the book should have taken place in 69 in order for one character to be the age he was. Ha ha. Amusing. Maybe I'm just the only one who notices things like that, but that would explain my large folder of notes on my story in order to keep everything consistant. Speaking of writing . . .

I beat my record! Well, at least any known record. I did 34 pages in one day!!! That's nearly 7 hours worth of writing, and boy do I believe it! Of course, the next day I only wrote two pages, but I made up for that by writing 12 at midnight last night. I got to the awesome emotionally charged climatic part! Oh, I think I already talked about that. ::::checks:::: Yeah, I did. Anyway, so I've just got the storm, the invasion, and the vanishing act left to go. Yippee! My poor character doesn't know whether to be devistated or excited right now, not that he has much time for emotion at the end of the novel. Ooooo, I'm so excited. And I'm glad I got rejected because I'm going to go change some stuff in the first book. Just little stuff, like adding references to events here and there. I also think I'll rewrite the first chapter and make it more hooking. Oh, and I'm going to give the book a continuitous plotline. He he.

So that was long, drawn out, and probably entirely unreadable. I need to start writing in my journal again so that I stop boring my avid blog readers . . .

1 comment:

Sobriquet said...

I am far from avid (I only come by here occassionally), but I have NEVER been bored by your blog.