Monday, September 12, 2005

Happy Dad's Birthday!

Hmm, let's see. What's up in the life of me? First, I have to check to see where I left off. Okay. So, Thursday night we had our first intramural football. ::::sigh:::: I love football. When I'm playing, I mean. We didn't win (I mean, ELH-3 always wins!), but we did really well, I think! Better than last year (not that that would be hard--I mean, ELH-3 always wins!). And we had a great turnout! Half of our floor, plus some brothers to help coah and cheer. Yay! Q2 has its first game tonight, but I can't go . . . Maybe I can go see part of it. Because of Singers, don't cha know.


Oh, and today is my Dad's birthday! Yay! So, happy birthday to my dad!


Um, Friday I actually did homework until dinner! Amazing! But it worked. I didn't have to do much this weekend, so I'm going to try to keep it up. Friday night we saw Sahara (with no 'h' on the end) in the Assembly Building. That was a funny movie. Almost as funny as Transporter 2. I think we played Apples to Apples after that, but I could be wrong.


Saturday was Longview Blitz. I hadn't ever been before, but I got up to go this time. We went to Windridge Esquestrian center and tore down a shed. But first, we got to say hi to all the horses. It was fun! I hadn't been around a horse in forever. We went out into a pasture of about 20 friendly horses. A couple of them were pretty big draft horses. One was half Clydesdale/half Shire (maybe). He was very interested in Tim who is pretty tall himself. Alisha and I decided that we're going to be professional hole diggers.
After a hot morning and some heat exhaustion, we went to Wendy's for lunch. Yay for food! and frosties.


So, I discovered that my car needs engine coolent, so I have to drive to Wal-Mart (it should be okay), buy some coolent (oh where does the money go???), and find somebody to help me put it in.


Speaking of money, still no word on the job front. I guess I'm gonna have to find some different places to look. The library said they would send me an e-mail either way, but they haven't, so I dunno. I don't really want a job since I don't have that much time anyway, but if I want any money next semester for deoderent, toothepaste, and the odd IHOP run, I need a job.


Sooooooo, I guess that's enough of a life update for now. Er, wait, I forgot about last night. So I went to dinner last night at Lina's house :::::deep sigh of contentment::::: and watched a funny movie. When I came back, I noticed that the floor smelled like something had burned. My suspicions aroused. Then Kendell ran into me and said my roommate had something to tell me. So, Carolyn burned some popcorn again ;-). When the room filled with smoke and all that jazz, she and Rebecca decided to hold the microwave up to the open window to air it out (when she said that, I was so afriad she was going to say they dropped the whole microwave down three stories!). Well, they forgot about the lazy susan plate and--three stories later, it's in several pieces. I laughed my head off. Carolyn and I certainly have interesting roommate experiences. Did I mention how I woke her up in the middle of the night the other night because I had had a nightmare? Yeah. ::::laughs:::: This is going to be a fun semester.


On a more serious note, I have such awesome friends. There's no way to express how much they all mean to me. You guys (ELH-3 and Q2) are just awesome. You have no idea how much your friendships have meant to me and have helped me to become more myself. ::::shudders:::: That just sounded sappy. But it's true. Before I was on ELH-3, I was a shy, scared, hurt little girl. Now I'm loud and obnoxious (working on that . . .), but I'm not afraid of people anymore, and it's almost entirely due to the love I get from my ELH-3 girls. I love you! Thanks for being such awesome friends. (P.S. Shawna D. rocks!)


Okydoky, it's about time for class. By the way, if you want to see what I've been doing in class, go here:my class website


Until next time!


Annie

P.S. Talk Like a Pirate Day is next Monday!

No comments: