Sunday, September 25, 2005

Interesting Weekend

Well, I've had an interesting week. . . . I was all excited about symphany, and then they canceled it. Then we were gonna do something anyway, and then we weren't, and then we were, and then we weren't, and then we were, and oh my goodness--talk about confusing. On top of all that was the stress of a test on Monday, a quiz on Monday, an abstract due Monday, a website due Monday, a mountain of Spanish homework due Monday, a presentation last Thursday, and all the other homework. And then the bookstore closed early so I couldn't get any money for gas or anything if I needed to leave. Oh, and what was that other thing? Oh right, the HURRICANE!!! So, they start posting all these emergency procedures everywhere so we'll be prepared for the horrifying and scarey hurricane Rita. Then a bunch of evacuees came and tons of people donated their mattresses, pillows, blankets, sheets, books, cards, and crayons for the evacuees to use. Then . . . the hurricane came!! And was somewhat disappointing. It rained a bit and blew pretty bad, but it really wasn't that bad at all. I thought maybe a little thunder would have been nice . . . ;-) So, by the end of the day it was fine, and we went out for coffee and ice cream.

Oh, and we had our most fun intramural game the other night when we played football against G2. They actually just wanted to play to have fun--what a crazy idea! And I know quite a few of those girls, too, so that made it more fun. But, I got the most beat up I've ever gotton at a football game. I got a huge bruise on my shoulder that I don't know where from, and I bruised my knee up pretty badly, too. And my other arm and knee have various bruises. People keep trying to hug me and stuff, and I keep saying, "Gently!" or screaming in pain. ;-)

Last night, I had this dream that these kids were running away from bad guys in a really big hotel. The kids wound up on the roof and they didn't know what to do! So, they jumped off and immediately "You don't know what we could find. Why don't you come with me, little girl, on a magic carpet ride" rang through the air and the kids used parachutes. It was a fun dream.

I guess that's all. I don't want the week to start again. I'm not ready for it. Especially since I didn't get to go to symphany, and I've had a severe lack of hanging out with friends time lately. Well, I guess I've gotten to hang out with friends, it just feels like I haven't reached my friend quota for the weekend, so I don't feel ready to go back into the week. Oh well, such is life. I know what it is. I haven't gotten my supper socialize time this semester. It makes me sad. We all seem so much busier than last year (which last year I would have thought impossible). I miss all my friends . . . . :-( Okay, done now. I guess that's all. Until later!

No comments: