Monday, October 03, 2005

The Best Brother Floor Ever!

So, I know I already wrote an incredably long post today, and that if I'm not sleeping or getting ready to sleep, I should really be doing homework, but I just have something to say. The guys on Quad 2 are the awesomest guys I have ever known. They really are. We just got back from one of their football games, and they are such good sports. But anyway, part of what prompted this post is how Shawna was just commenting on how the guys are really respectufl and--well, I can't remember the other word she used, but it's true. One of the things that really hurt me and bothered me in junior high and highschool was how when I tried to talk, people would interrupt me or talk over me, and I never seemed to be able to get a word in edgewise which is one of the reasons why I was so quiet and shy when I first came to school. But in the past week, when that happened and I got interrupted, both Paul and Kurt have turned to me and said, "What were you going to say, Annie?" And that means so much to me. One of the other things that used to really hurt me is how I always got pushed out when walking next to people. Maybe it's because I have short legs, but everybody seemed to crowd in until I was walking behind everybody where I couldn't be a part of the conversation. That started to happen tonight, but Matt turned around and said, "I'm sorry, Annie, I'm pushing you out." He's one of the few people to ever notice. Those are just a couple of the things I've particularly noticed lately. All of the guys are thoughtful and a whole lot of fun, too.

I am so blessed to know such awesome guys. I think maybe some of them read this blog every so often, so if you guys are reading this, thanks so much for being respectful and thoughtful and so much fun. I'm so grateful to have you for my friends. You really are the best brother floor ever, and I'm so glad that God brought me to LeTourneau and that Quad 2 is ELH-3's brother floor. God really is so amazing. Thanks for being so cool! May God bless you guys as much as you've blessed me!

So, maybe that was a little sappy, but it's late, and I mean every word (unless I misspelled it . . .).

Annie

No comments: