Friday, October 28, 2005

I don't think I've ever been so hurt in my life. I feel like someone stuck a wrench in me, squiggled it around a bunch, and yanked it back out. I think this must be somewhat what it feels like to break up with someone. You know they aren't good for you and that you can't waste anymore emotional energy or time on them, but you still love them so much that you want them to be happy. So that makes it hurt all the worse when they laugh in your face.



You know, everybody used to talk about how great Sam Gamgee was in The Lord of the Rings. They'd wish they had a friend like that. Wasn't Sam so cool for following Frodo? What a great friend. But you know, Sam wouldn't be Sam without Frodo. Frodo had to love Sam back. If Frodo hadn't loved Sam, Sam would have just drowned and there goes Middle Earth . . . So, friendship is a duel partnership, a joint effort, every Sam needs his Frodo.


So, Dr. Olson told me that my homework for tonight was to make a list of all the good friends that I have, because that would be therapy. I think she was right, so here goes.


First, my awesome beyond awesome sister Karen. She's always there for me, loves me, and takes care of me, plus, we have a blast hanging out together.
Next, Shawna who is the best friend that I have ever had. She's the only person I've ever been able to tell everything to. She's so much fun as well. And she loves me no matter what.
I also have the coolest roommate Carolyn, who keeps me from doing things that I'll regret and has fun with me, too.
I've also had really awesome roommates in the past: Amanda and Jodie. Both of them really helped me through some rough times in my life.
Lina was my best friend Freshman year. I never could have made it without her. She and her family have been great in being good friends.
I know I'm gonna forget somebody, but here goes:
Kendall
Alisha
Christy
R-Duck
Jen
Jennie
Heidi
Kim
Nichole
Polly-wolly
Kanoe
And all the other ELH-3 girls who have made my life amazing!
Quad 2 guys (in random order--it's late, so I'll probably forget somebody . . .)!
Paul
Kurt
Demildt
Bushey
Matt
Tim
Scott
Zoot
Ben
Jessie
Mike
Jason
AJ
And all the other awesome guys whose faces escape me at one in the morning when I should be alseep . . .
Good old friends!
Audrey
Holly
Amanda
Angela
Bethany
Shayla

All of you have meant so much to me. Thanks expecially to ELH-3 and Quad 2 for showing me that friendship is a joint effort, that people can be my friend as much as I can be theirs, and for showing me that I can be loved for who I am. You all are the best friends anyone could ask for. I love you!



Annie

No comments: